Monday 20 May 2019

Teapot Valley Camp

Writing

4 days of fun and friends...
We stayed at Teapot Valley Camp for 4 days only the yr 7/8’s.
It was
cool and awful at parts.

Day one:
First we got to camp and felt good from 3
and ½ hours in a van. We meet a dog called Gypsy and she was very cute and fluffy. We went to the cabins. I was with Ella,
Kayla, Daniella and Alyssa. We made our beds and stuff.
Then we got into groups and did some challenges.
They involved, A sleid, hula hoops, balls, rings and a
few other things. Then we got to do whatever we wanted
for a bit me and Neve did the maze then after awhile we
had dinner. We had Chicken Korma. Then we had Dessert
and then pudding. We went to sleep after a while.


Day two:
We awoke after a very uncomfortable sleep and got ready
for the day. We went and sat down at a table and eat some
toast. Then we played around until the horn went off. We
came back and got told our activities. Our first activity
was: Rock climbing. I was excited about the activity but
scared at the same time. After awhile it was my turn
I was very scared. I started climbing and thought to
myself “This isnt that bad” but as I got up higher I
was a bit scared. Next we went back and had
morning tea. We had fruit and some baking. Next
activity was: Downhill Carts but I had hurt my foot
and I couldn't do it and it was sad. I sat and watched
all of the people go down the hill and Ella almost
dying. It was very sad. My foot got better over
lunch. Next activity was Abseiling. I looked at the
wall very scared. It was my turn after awhile. I was
scared. I get up there then… all of a sudden I’m no
longer scared. I felt like I had done abseiling before.
I was down and done. We went back and had afternoon
tea by then, time was flying. Last activity of the day
was: Confidence Course. I LOVED it. We got back
and finished the activities. I was talking to friends
when I decided that I wanted to move to the cabin
next door that had: Heidi, Kinae, Samantha, Neve
and Syrhys. I was friends with all of them. When I
moved I had enjoyed it. It was dinner then dessert then
pudding. Then me and a few others had a shower.
We had slept a really nice sleep.

Day 3:
We woke up on a nice day. Got changed and headed out to get breakfast. We get told what we are doing and we got to change groups and my group was: Neve, Syhrys, Aiden, Kharma and a few others. Our activity: Was team building. It was awful. We had morning tea which by the way was always fruit and baking. Our next activity: Ziplining. Ziplining was really fun I did it about 3-4 times. We went back had lunch and next activity: Archery. Archery was fun it would have been better if I had of gotten a target more than once. We had afternoon tea. Then we had low ropes. I didn't like it, it was boring and painful. We went back and played around then had dinner. We had dessert and pudding then talent show. Heidi and I did the fork in the garbage disposal. We came last. We went to after the big night bed.

Day 4:
We awoke after another good sleep we grabbed our lunch boxes and packed up. We cleaned our lunch boxes and then had breakfast. We played around then came back to make our lunches there was lots in it enough to last us for 3 and ½ hours. We got back to school very tired and happy. Lots of kids waited for their parents I finally got home and unpacked hugged my parents and sat down and talked to my parents.

Over all I loved it. It was an awesome experience for me and my friends. My favourite activity was: Ziplining. Because it was really fun and I just loved it.

7 comments:

  1. Kia ora,
    I am a Manaiakalani facilitator working in Gisborne. I am working at Gisborne Intermediate who are one of your blogging buddies.
    I saw the photo of ziplining on your class blog. It looks exhilarating. How fast did you go?
    At Gis Int the students go to camp in different places in February and in Action Week later in the year.
    Mā te wā
    Cheryl Torrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora
    I am Ellie from Gisint (Gisborne Intermediate)
    I love the way you explained what you did at your camp.
    I love that you use paragraphs.
    I saw the photo of abseiling it looks incredible.
    At gisint we are going to a thing could action week it is like camp but the whole school goes on it.
    Nice work!
    Ma Te Wa
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora my name is Bailey , I go to Gisborne Intermediate and I am a year 8. Its seems like you're camp was very fun. I have also done rock climbing , it was very scary beacause of the height. Have you been on any other camps so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Bailey!

      Delete
  4. Hey Brooklyn , My name is Auckland and I go to TPS.
    I admire how put in lot of detail when you describe what you have done at camp. I love how put your writing in paragraphs so you can split your key ideas.
    Ka Pai!!
    Maybe You could leave a comment on my blog.
    http://tpsaucklandf.blogspot.com

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.